6.17.2014

writer's block: the meaning of home


home. oh, that word has become tricky for me over the past two years as an expat...

thankfully I have three fantastic women stepping in today to give you their take on what home means to them. they have lived in some very different places but all seem to agree on a few things about what makes home "home." please read their wonderful words and then hop over to their blogs to say hello!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello, I'm Christina of Route Bliss. By day I write reports for a living while I simultaneously plan blog post ideas, daydream about my next trip, and wish I could edit all the photos I've taken and haven't gotten around to yet. While I've been blogging for over a decade now, Route Bliss itself has only been around since the Summer of 2013. RB (as I've dubbed it) is where I share my love of travel and photography as well as what I'm learning on my journey to healthier living (adapted recipes as well as running and fitness tips and grumblings!)

where is the place you currently call home?
Athens, Texas. My favorite thing is that my hometown is primarily known for two things -- its the home of the hamburger (Uncle Fletch debuted it at the World's Fair in St. Louis in 1904!) as well as the Black Eyed Pea Capital.

have you ever had to make a big move and leave your home behind? I haven't ran away from here yet although the mountains are constantly calling my name :) This is actually my second hometown, my family moved while I was in junior high to my current hometown. While I've gone to college in a nearby city and currently work there as well, I don't love that city enough to move there even after 16 years of spending a chunk of my week there!

when you travel, what do you miss most about home? My pets + my bed.

what makes home "home" to you? Family, of course, as well as close friends and my pets.


learn more about Christina on her blogs: Route Bliss + Christina McCall Photography

check out a few of her favorite posts:

or follow along with:




Hi everyone, I'm Jenn!! I'm a newlywed who loves to travel and read. I write about pretty much everything on my blog from travel to books to living cruelty free (no animal tested products). I hope you'll stop by and say hi!
where is the place you currently call home? Bel Air, Maryland. It's where my family is. I'm very close to my Mom and moving away from her was the hardest part of going to college.

have you ever had to make a big move and leave your home behind? I left Maryland when I moved to college and actually never planned to come back. Funny how that worked out!

when you travel, what do you miss most about home? My family! Mostly my Mom.

what makes home "home" to you? Definitely people! Though I do really hope to leave MD one day soon and live somewhere new, I definitely have some great roots here! I have friends that I've had my whole life, and my family is close :)

learn more about Jenn on her blog: A Country Girl's World

check out a few of her favorite posts:

or follow along with:




I'm Ech, wife to Will. We're currently stationed in Italy. There's no sugar coating it or trying to be humble about it...it's gorgeous here and we absolutely love it. On our blog we share our travels, military life, and my attempts at housewifing.

where is the place you currently call home? That's a tough question. I was born in Hawaii, grew up in Oregon. I consider them both my home. favorite thing about Oregon: My mom, a few aunts/uncles/cousins, and my closest friends live there. If I had to choose just one "home", this would be it.The people there make it special.

have you ever had to make a big move and leave your home behind? I moved from Hawaii when I was 10. I moved from Oregon when I was 18 for college and again when I was 24 to marry Will and to be with him.

when you travel, what do you miss most about home? Hawaii: My family. Oregon: My friends and my mom. Italy: The comforts of my house.

what makes home "home" to you? The people. When I'm in Hawaii or Oregon I can completely be myself because the family and friends there have known me long enough to see past all the bs and politeness.

learn more about Ech [and Will!] on their blog: Ech & Will

check out a few of their favorite posts:

or follow along with:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...