5.20.2013

I almost died twice.




today's post is supposed to be about something I am struggling with. but to be honest, I already posted about life as an intentionally unemployed expatriate and dealing with food allergies. I guess I could tell you how I maybe had a shellfish reaction today from trying new stuff at our sushi place, and was so freaked out on the drive home I almost tipped my scooter over?

but one benadryl and a relaxing afternoon later... I think what I'm struggling with is that I don't want to talk about struggles. I want to talk about adventures and victories and fun weekends in Taipei spent both bar-hopping and being a kid again. I want to talk about weird goat statues with yellow eyes, and green VW vans.



I want to talk about the awesome Mexican place our friends took us to. home made guacamole from fresh avocado, and corn and flour tortillas from scratch. plus they serve margaritas. [and don't serve mozzarella sticks or mashed potatoes, like some other "Mexican" places we've tried here] I want to talk about taxis and tri-lingual children and big dreams and bars with live music I don't understand, but like anyway.

but since I'm supposed to be talking about struggles... I am struggling with struggling because despite the fact I thought I might die twice in a span of twenty minutes, today was still a good day. so you get a mostly-off-topic post with some pictures from my weekend.

oh. and here's that goat:


9 comments:

  1. LOVE this post & your no struggling with struggles attitude. and this taco & me STARVING! i'm being funny to avoid the seriousness of your near-death experiences & am thrilled that you're okay! this green VW van! this goat! be CAREFUL xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I sound a little flippant, but if I took every shellfish or scooter scare seriously I'd be dead just from worry. glad to know I have friends who worry about me though, I will try to be more careful if only to keep you from worrying ;)

      Delete
  2. I love your green VW picture, and your outlook on life even with daily food allergies. I can only imagine how hard and stressful that can be. Sometimes being adventurous has it's downfalls. Try to be a little more careful next time on your sushi outings ;)

    xo
    Alisha and Brandon {the blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it's always a fine line between adventurous and TOO adventurous!

      Delete
  3. hahaha This is awesome. I love your outlook.
    I cheated on the challenge a bit, and figured it was due time I write something serious, but this was a much more interesting way to approach the prompt.

    P.S. please further explain the goat..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the goat statue is one of about a dozen we found in a riverside park in Taipei. I have no idea why the eyes are painted yellow.

      Delete
  4. The goat statue is kind of creepy!

    heartattack-andwine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this! i love that you always look on the bright side in your posts. it's refreshing to hear people's struggles and how they overcame them but more than that i love to hear from people who even though they had a scary experience, they're still focusing on the great things in life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...