9.22.2012

today I miss... fall



the brief stint of cooler, less humid days has passed. I know in the states it's officially fall now, but here in Taiwan we are 87-feels-like-96. at 10am. I'm trying to enjoy dresses and shorts and tank tops, and warm nights on the back of the scooter. but deep down the midwestern girl in me wants to curl up in a hoodie and jeans on the couch with a good book and a punkin ale.

so, I've plundered the archives of my photographs for bits of fall.

late september usually means heading to the orchard for "apple fest". cider + rum. apple cake pops. friends over to watch football. baking, and baking, and baking. walks by the canal or at the park with my camera and golden light. a rainbow of reds and oranges and golds in the trees. running on the trail to the sound of crunching leaves. a mug of something warm in the evening...

yeah. I miss fall.

6 comments:

  1. What are those leaf things at the bottom? They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cookies! I used 2 colors of icing and swirled them with a toothpick while they were still wet.

      Delete
  2. I dislike the fact that your camera makes me reach for the screen and then realize that the food you post isn't actually available to me to eat :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, these pictures are absolutely breathtaking! It's making me miss my camera desperately! So beautiful for Fall.
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks TJ! I actually left a comment on one of your posts- you should look into buying a used camera body from someone who is upgrading, that might help you get a little more for your money :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...